CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Love - TRUE love!

How does your husband show his love for you?

  • Is it with a soft kiss on the back of your neck when you least expect it?
  • Is it with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for no reason at all?
  • Is it by him planning childcare and surprising you with a romantic date night?

Yes, all of these things are wonderful and a great affirmation of the love he feels for you. My Bub has done all of these at one point or another; but just yesterday, he showed his love in the most unexpected way of all.

You see, my unwanted friend, Aunt Flo, was making her monthly visit and I found myself in a horrible predicament. I used my last "harpoon" during BUNCO Friday night and really needed more supplies. Since Bub had to go into work yesterday morning I asked him if he would mind picking up a box on his way home. I knew for sure he was going to look at me like I was crazy and tell me to go to the store myself. See, Bub is a guy's guy; he don't each no quiche and he don't wear no damned pink shirts (or any shade that is closely related to it). Anyway, to my shock, he said he would pick some up for me and then asked what kind I needed. Well, since this was his "first time" I made sure to give him lots of details. I told him the Brand, size, color of the box and all other specifics; hell, I even considered taking a picture of the box with his cell phone for reference purposes. You know, that stuff can get real confusing, even if you have been buying them for 25 years. Thus the reason, women are always standing in that section of store just staring at all of the products or reading, researching and comparing the labels.

As he left for work, I felt like I was sending my child off on a mission where he was doomed for failure. But, I was determined to praise his efforts when he returned, no matter what he carried through the door. Imagine my surprise when he called me on his way home from work and asked if I need anything else form Walmart. Walmart? On a Saturday? Was he crazy? I had expected he would stop at Kroger where he could be a little more inconspicuous; but NO, not Bub. He decided to learn to swim in the BIG pool!

So, to all of you ladies out there, my husband REALLY does love me. And now I know that he will do anything for me. His love has no limits (except the whole pink shirt thing). Yes, you can be jealous; it's ok. And if you happened to be in the feminine product aisle at Walmart yesterday morning, you probably encountered Bub and didn't even know it. He was the one on his cell phone asking his wife, "Did you want the ones with the gentle glide applicator?"

I love you, too, Bubby!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His BFF says "Bub you da man!" Love you guys!

overtly trite said...

after having C I was unaware of the issues associated with childbirth-they really leave that one out of the books don't they-poor D had to head to Walmart 11 at night he did however take pleasure in asking opinions of brands in the feminine product section.