CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentine To Remember

I want to start by wishing everyone a very loverly Valentine's Day. I hope all of you get a smooch from someone you love, today!

As for me, I am spending Valentine's Day with Kaylea, ThiThi, Mom and Jim Bob. We have already enjoyed the traditional Dove Chocolate breakfast. Oh, you mean everyone doesn't eat Dove Chocolates for breakfast on Valentine's Day? Wow, I thought that was a given.

I was reading ThiThi's blog entry the other day about her first Valentine's gift and it got me thinking. I really don't remember the first boy that I bought a Valentine's for. Though, I'm sure it was probably in 4th grade when Dinky Smith was my boyfriend, but I'm not real sure (sorry, Dinky). I will, however, share my first Valentine's memory with everyone.


I guess it was Valentine's Day 1971. I remember my Poppy roaring up in front of the house in his old red Jeep. He came inside carrying two cards and a BIG pink heart. I was so excited when he presented the cards and that beautiful heart to ThiThi and me. My excitement only grew when we opened the box and found that it was filled with chocolates. I am assuming that ThiThi was pretty excited as well, since Mom took a picture of us with the Chocolates. Those were probably the best cream filled chocolates I have ever eaten, because they were from my Poppy.
He always knew how to make me feel special, even when I was two. I love you, Poppy!

0 comments: