CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another Quick and Easy Recipe

As I was trying to figure out what to fix for dinner tonight, I remembered a recipe that I use to make a long time ago. I saw it years ago on the back of a Bisquick box. Here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

1lb Lean Ground Beef
1 1/2 c. Onion, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 c. Cheese, shredded
1 1/2 c. Milk
3/4 c. Bisquick
3 Eggs

Brown the ground beef in skillet and then drain, well. Put onions in skillet and saute until soft. In a blender or food processor blend together the salt, pepper, milk, Bisquick and eggs. Sprinkle the beef and onions into a 9 x 11 casserole that has been sprayed with Pam. Top beef with shredded cheese. Pour Bisquick mixture over top of cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.

Serve with a green vegetable and salad. Pronto, your dinner is done! Now, wasn't that easy?

***Variations***
Lite version: Use low fat cheese, skim milk and Reduced Fat Bisquick (I'm sure you could even substitute Egg Beaters for the eggs)
Others: I have made this for breakfast substituting with bacon and cheddar or ham and Swiss. Basically, use your imagination. You can substitute any kind of meat and cheese for hundreds of possibilities.

Let me know if you like it.........

0 comments: