CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm Washing and Drying and Folding, OH MY!!!!

I HATE LAUNDRY!!! I HATE LAUNDRY!!! I HATE LAUNDRY!!! Oh and have I ever mentioned that I HATE LAUNDRY!!!

As I am working on getting my ELEVEN, yes that's 1-1, as in the number after 10 and before 12, loads of laundry done I can feel my blood beginning to boil. And no, I haven't put it off too long, this is my weekly chore. I keep asking myself, "Why do I hate this chore so much?" There are just soooooo many reasons, running through my head right now, let me share a few:

1. This is a chore that is never complete. When I finish load eleven, there will still be dirty clothes to wash, because I don't strip down the family and make everyone run around naked while I'm doing laundry.

2. My loving daughter doesn't know how to take socks off without turning them inside out. This results in me either having to turn them as I sort them, or if I miss one, it gets washed that way and doesn't get very clean. Thus I have to wash it again which adds to the whole thought, "the chore is never complete."

3. Since we're talking about socks, why do I always have mismatches????? Where do they go?

4. Neither my hubby nor my daughter put their dirty clothes in the hamper. This turns laundry day into a sort of scavenger hunt. I - DON'T - LIKE - SCAVENGER - HUNTS!!!!!

5. When I sort the laundry, I typically find all of Kaylea's jeans with one leg inside out and a pair of panties still attached. I'm quite sure the stores don't sell little girls jeans with built-in underwear, so it has to be the way she undresses, ya think?

6. This is MY chore. Goodness knows we don't want Bub to help out with this one. I love him and his effort, but normally it just makes more work for me (i.e. he washes everything together, red/black/white, it doesn't matter; he washes a load and forgets to dry it, thus creating a soured mildewy surprise for me when I open the washer; he puts my clothes away in the strangest places, then I can't find anything for months) I'm sure you get the picture.

7. Kaylea is of the mindset that if she tries something on but decides not to wear it, well, it's dirty and must go in the hamper. Therefore, I am constantly washing clean clothes. Really, she is just too lazy to hang the things back up or fold them and put them back away. It's a lot easier to throw them in the hamper!!! (Easier for WHO, I ask?????)

8. It's the one chore that no one can tell you have done. How many times has someone come into your home and complemented you on how nice your laundry looks? Yea, me neither and everyone knows that I am a complement freak!!!!!

I guess, if I did a load every day or so, it wouldn't be so overwhelming; but damn, why would I want to put myself through this angst on a daily basis? I am still trying to figure out where the hatred comes from. All I can figure is it's Mom's fault. You see my ThiThi hates laundry, as well. So it has to be something that happened during our childhood. Maybe Mom chained us to the washer and dryer or banished us to the utility room for time out. Of course neither of us have any memories of these horrible things being done, but MAYBE we have just blocked them from our minds. Yes, yes, yes, this must be it. I knew there was a reason.

Well, my friends, I must go; my dryer buzzer is calling me!!!!!!!!!!


UPDATE:
It is now 24 hours later and load 11 has come out of the dryer. Of course there are more clothes waiting for me, already.

2 comments:

Mary said...

My name is Mary and I hate laundry, too. There is something liberating about just saying it. I think that is the first step.


Loved your post!

Also, thanks for the hair care tips!! Wooohoo! I am lucky to have a girly girl as a friend!!!!

overtly trite said...

2, 5 & 7 clearly our children are siblings with different parents!
I think D screws up the luandry on purpose so he won't have to do it on a regular basis at least I sort of hope that's the case he he REALLY does a bad job with laundry.
even if you do laundry every day it doesn't help I try to do load every other day and we still have way too much dirty clothes for just 3 people!