CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Want My Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!

O.K. so here I go.
I can do this!
I shouldn't be so nervous.
Everyone does it.
Why am I so freaked out?
There's nothing to it.
It'll be o.k.
NO, I can't do it.
I'll just wait.
I know, I have to do it now!
But, what if it is terrible?
I'll be fine.
Oh, I'm so scared.
I don't want to look silly.


Yes, I am totally freaked out. Why, you ask? Well, because I am going to get my hair cut tomorrow. You're probably wondering why I would get so up tight about a haircut. Well, it's like this. My mom, my grandmother and my step-mom were all hairdressers and they were the only people that cut my hair up until I was in my mid-20s. Had it not been for logistical problems, I would have never changed our little arrangement.

All I can say is that in the past, for the most part, my experiences with non-relative hairstylists have gone really BAD. I will give credit where credit is due, though. When I lived in Nashville, I had a great stylist, but again, the whole logistics thing prevents me from continuing the love/love relationship we had.

Since moving back to East TN, I haven't been able to find a stylist that can work with my "challenging" head of hair. You see, I was cursed with the hair genes (or lack there of) of both my parents. Dad's been sporting a comb-over since he was in high school and Mom has the transparent variety of hair. We kindly refer to it as "frog fur". Our hair is VERY thin and VERY fine. If I don't go to someone that is acustomed to working with my type of hair, things go very wrong.

For the last 5 years, I have been trying to time my haircuts around my trips to Mom's in Georgia, or her trips to Tennessee. Or, I have used Mom's stylist in Macon; she is good and knows how to work with my hair-type, since she does my Mom's hair, also. Unfortunately, this time my (our) timing is a little off. Mom isn't coming up this way until the first week of June. AND, as you all know, I will be at the beach then. So, I am being forced to go to a complete stranger and entrust my unfortunate head of hair to him. The stylist does good work (on other people) so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will do the same for me.

If everyone could just pause for a minute and say a little prayer for my new do and send me lots of good karma, I would be most appreciative.

P.S. If I am wearing a hat in, or missingfrom, all of the pictures that are taken at the beach, you will know that things didn't go well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you... Brandi... scissor wizard... she rocks! Mine looks sassy!

Angie said...

Okay. . . so, if it doesn't go so well, let me know who did you hair. I might have a few suggestions of people to check into.

. . .and I'm back!

Angie said...

I would have cracked up if you'd have come to my house. .. because I was at YOUR church last night -- for Caroline's Mother's Day Out Closing program.

That's right -- I'm stalking you, too.