CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's All or Nothing

Do you ever feel like your life either runs at full speed or stays at a standstill? Well, that seems to be the norm for me lately. Most days, I have nothing much to do. Of course there is always housework, laundry and running Kaylea around, but I am talking about stuff that is majorly time consuming. Those type things just don't happen that often. However, when I have things to do, they all seem to come at once. This week has been one of those weeks.

A few weeks back, I decided to put my name on the sub list at Kaylea's school since I had requested that her old school remove me from their list for the remainder of the year (another story for another post). Well, apparently her school is in need of subs and appreciates my education and training, because they booked me for three days this past week. In addition to my sub days, I chaperoned Kaylea's class field trip on Tuesday and Barry was out of town on business Thursday and Friday. With all of this going on, I was also on the hunt for Bub and myself a new car.

Unfortunately, Bub's car, the Malibu (kindly referred to as the "Bubbabu") decided to get a little temperamental last week and we weren't sure just how much longer it was going to decide to play nice with us. We knew this day was coming, but had hoped that we could make it through the summer before having to put the Bubbabu out to pasture. Well, I guess the car had other plans. Every evening I was scouring the Internet looking for a decent used car that didn't have 100k+ miles on it AND was priced within our price range. This was not an easy task seeing as we weren't wanting to spend a ton of money on the car. Tuesday evening I thought I had found the perfect car, but when Bub called about it on Wednesday he was told that it was no longer available. DRATS!!!!! So the search continued. Eventually, we had to face the facts and admit that we were going to have to spend a little more money than we had originally anticipated.

After expanding our search, I located a few possibilities and we were off to the car dealership last night to look around and do some test driving. Lucky for us we liked the first car we drove and we were able to work out a deal that was agreeable to us and the dealership. So, as of 10:00 pm last night, we were the proud owners of a new car (well, new to us anyway).

So, for those of you that thought I had quit this whole blogging thing, have no fear. It just seems that life gets in the way of me being able to post sometimes.



P.S. Yea for me - I also have two days booked to sub this coming week. I love making extra money!!!!! Life is good :)

1 comments:

Angie said...

Good for you, girl!