CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

It's A Small World Afterall

And yesterday I found out just how small.
You see, Bub, Kaylea and I were invited to Meatfest '08 over at Overtly Trite's casa. ---If you will recall, I met Overtly Trite for the first time (so I thought) at our Bloggher Girl's lunch a few weeks back, which included ThiThi (missybw from The House of Flying Monkeys), Anna (from Life with the Retro Moderns) and Paula (from Overtly Trite).
After we arrived yesterday, we did the standard introductions and then I retreated to the kitchen to talk with Paula and sis. After a while another guest, Vic, arrived and he looked very familiar to me. Imagine my surprise when I recognized him as a long lost friend and co-worker from my United States Cellular "USC" days in the early 90's. Vic and I began to talk about the good 'ole days while Paula and sis were standing there amazed at the cowinkydinkyness of the whole situation. Vic was filling me in on the status of the people we used to work with, then I told him that the only person from USC that I had kept contact with was "Doug". At that point Paula about lost it. You see, Paula use to be Doug's roommate. After a lot of reminiscing we figured out that Paula and I had met back in the early 90's at a Halloween party at Doug's house. And, as a matter of fact, Paula's husband "D" had worked at USC with me and she had met D through Doug and Vic. Suddenly all the pieces to the puzzle fell into place. So here is a little chart showing how we all know each other:


So, yesterday I felt like two worlds were colliding. My past and my present slammed into each other and left my head spinning - in a cool way. The only thing that could have made the whole situation any better would have been for Doug to have walked through the door. Unfortunately, I found out that he has moved to Arizona, which would explain why my Christmas card was returned. Now, I just have to get his e-mail address from Paula and re-connect with him, also.

1 comments:

overtly trite said...

I still can not believe this way too bizarre!!!