CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

BUNCO Night - Whoopee!

Tonight's Bunco game is going to be a little different that usual. Normally, one person will host the game at their home and they are responsible for providing the food and drinks. Unfortunately, this was our friend E's month to host the soiree and, for obvious reasons, she is not really in the hostess frame of mind. So, tonight we are helping her out and we are doing a pot-luck Bunco. Everyone is suppose to bring a yummy dish to share but I have had a few reservations about this plan since it was suggested. As with all groups, we have a few people that will try to do the easiest, quickest and cheapest thing, which usually means showing up with a bag of chips and a jar of salsa. Well, needless to say, that is not how my brain works. I have worried that we won't have a meat or main course of any type. Or, we won't have enough food to feed our group of 12. Or, we will only have desserts, chips and drinks. For these reasons, I am probably doing more than my fair share, just to make sure that we have enough to make a meal. After all, like many of the other girls, I wait to eat my dinner at the game, and the last thing I want is to leave hungry at the end of the evening.

So, my contribution to tonight's meal is Mini-BBQ Sandwiches and Georgia Cracker Salad. And yes, my contribution is quick and easy, but unfortunately for me, not too cheap. Oh well, that is the price I am willing to pay for convenience.

Here are my recipes:

Missy's Mini BBQ Sandwiches Makes 60 sandwiches

4 pkg frozen Parker House Yeast Rolls (like Sister Schubert)
2-18 oz containers of Lloyd's Original BBQ Pork
BBQ Sauce (your favorite brand)

Heat the BBQ pork in a pan on the stove top. Add additional BBQ sauce if you want your meat a little juicier.

Bake the rolls according to package directions.

When the rolls are done, remove them from the aluminum pan and split. Fill with the BBQ and then return them to the pan. Cover with foil until time to serve.

(My sister made these for a party and they were delicious. Super easy and super fast!)


Georgia Cracker Salad

I posted this recipe earlier, so I won't bother retyping it - just click the link if you didn't get it the first time (Anna). Tongue Out

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yippie! Yippie! Yea! Yea!

Angie said...

Girl, you are so much like me. I bring extra food -- just because I'm never sure of the chips & salsa "brigade!"

Hope you had fun tonight. It was so much fun meeting you -- and now seeing you 2 or 3 times since then.

: )