CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Friends

My word for today is "friends". I have crossed paths with many today and each one has touched my heart in a different way.

First, I was finally able to meet (face to face) my friend Angie and her handsome son, Edison, and her adorable daughter, Caroline. Angie and I have been Blogging Buddies for a few months now. I can't really remember how we found each other, but we did. It didn't take long to realize that we lived in the same small town. We both have been on the look-out for each other for awhile now, but amazingly enough hadn't managed to bump into each other. Well, today I was picking up Kaylea from Arts and Craft camp (at Angie's church - where she also works) and I decided to go upstairs and introduce myself. It was nice to finally meet the person behind the words and pictures that I look at daily. Hopefully, we will see each other again very soon and very often.

Second, I went to a funeral this evening to support my friend, E. Her father passed away very unexpectedly. He was in his 80's and lived with E. She found him Saturday morning sitting in his recliner, but he had already passed. E said that she feels he went quickly and peacefully and she is getting comfort in him knowing that he wasn't alone. Nonetheless, this was a very hard thing to watch a friend go through. My heart goes out to E because she doesn't have any other family to speak of. She has never been married; therefore, we, her friends, are her support system.

Lastly, at the funeral I was able to see a lot of friends I have made through my years as a substitute teacher. You see, E is a teacher from Kaylea's old school and a lot of faculty members were there to support E, as well. It was a little strange for me being the only "non-staff' member standing in our large group. The Principal, Assistant Principal, Secretaries, Teachers and Assistants were all there and I felt like I actually fit in. Even though I have had my difficulties in accepting many things that have happened to me at that school; I really felt like they were a family, of sorts, to me.

So, whether you are making new friends, offering support and love to existing friends or just laughing and sharing stories with old friends, your life is a happier place because they are in it.

1 comments:

Angie said...

I have to tell you -- today was such a more pleasant and special day because you came upstairs. It was such a treat to meet you -- and to get to see Kaylea in person.

I will try to stop downstairs tomorrow to "wave" at her. (you know, unlike a stalker!)

Thanks again for blessing me in such a tangible way this afternoon.

Love ya, girl!