CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Queen of Quirks

My friend and fellow blogger, Angie, tagged me for a meme. I just don't know why she tagged me for this particular meme. Just because it is about "quirks" and I happen to be the Queen of Quirks....that shouldn't make me a definite shoo in. For some reason I think I am the subject of behavioral profiling.

Well, here are the rules for this meme:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.

OK, this sounds simple enough. I just need to list 6 quirky things that I do. What, only 6? How will I narrow them down? Well, here goes; I'll do my best.

1) The food in my pantry is sorted by categories, like a grocery store. All of the soups are together; all of the vegetables are together; all of the grains are together; all of the baking products are together; and so on and so on. Also, if I have two of a particular item, say tomato soup, the cans are stacked one on top of the other with the labels facing out - of course!

2) The spices in the spice cabinet are sorted by herbs and singular spices (oregano, tarragon, paprika, chili powder, etc.); mixed spices and seasoned salts (Lawry's, steak seasoning, chicken seasoning, Mrs. Dash, etc.); dessert spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, etc.); and so on.

3) I am freaky about any type of body hair that is not connected to the body. You know the kind that sheds off onto the floor or in the shower. And don't even get me started about my freak out when I get a hair stuck to my hands when they are wet. EWW! (Yes, I could never make it as a hair stylist)

4) I organize the clothes in my closet by style, color and season. All of the short sleeve t-shirts are sorted by color and hung together; then the short sleeve collared shirts; then the sleeveless collared shirts; then the sleeveless no collar shirts; etc.

5) I always wash the loads of laundry in the same order. First the whites; then the light colors; then Barry's work clothes; then the jeans; and finally the sheets and towels. Don't know why - just do.

6) I have this thing about checking out people's feet - not a foot fetish - I just find myself looking at people's feet and toes. Men, women, kids, old and young, it doesn't matter. And in case you have never noticed, there are some really pretty people out there that have some pretty ugly toes. I'm just sayin'.

Oh gosh, that was my 6 quirky things quota. Honestly, I have so many more quirks; I could go on and on and on. But I would prefer you think of my as "Quirky" instead of "Freakish".

So now it's your turn. Enquiring minds are dieing to hear from you:

Missy
Paula
Anna
Mary
Abby
VegMom

2 comments:

Angie said...

Your Majesty. .. you did real good!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to comment that I did mine.. too fun! ;-)