CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So Much To Do, So Little Time

This Saturday is Kaylea's BIG birthday soiree. This isn't the friends' party; this is the family party. I am going to have between 25 and 30 people at my house to celebrate Kaylea turning the big 1-0. Yes, this is a HUGE deal - she is finally hitting double digits.

Anyway, if you know me, then you know that I don't have people over to my house unless it has been cleaned - T H O R O U G H L Y! That means baseboards wiped; windows cleaned; carpet spots treated; ceiling fans dusted; etc. You see, I don't want people to think I live like a pig (even though my house can get a little disheveled sometimes.) So, today is Tuesday and I am still trying to get the housework done so that I can finish putting out the Fall/Halloween decorations. Then there is the grocery shopping to do - and the cake to order (note to self: call Food City to order the cake) - and the food to prepare.

Oh, and did I mention that I subbed this afternoon. I knew I had all of this stuff to do and accepted a sub assignment anyway. I guess I am a gluten for punishment. Anyway, the items are going to check themselves off my list, so I guess I better go.

But before I log-off I am going to leave you with another funny from Kindergarten. I was asking a child to tell me his/her birthday (something they are suppose to know). The child knew it was in February, but couldn't remember the day. Trying to be helpful and give a hint, I said, "It is the day after Valentine's Day." Suddenly the child's eyes brighten and a huge smile appears and he/she says, "Really, it is AGAIN this year!?!"

3 comments:

BobnMissy said...

What do you need help with?

Jennilu said...

Let's see - everything :0)

Anonymous said...

Funny preschool story...we were naming what we have 2 of...2 hands, 2 eyes, etc. One little one said, "2 boobies!" ha ha....