CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Recipe for Baked Chow Mein

If you know me, you know that I am a lover of the casserole. I tried a new one tonight and it was a hit with Bub and Kaylea. I just thought I would pass it along; I hope you like it!

Baked Chow Mein

1 lb Hamburger
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Water
1 1/2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1/2 c. Uncooked Rice
1 can Chow Mein Noodles

Brown the hamburger in a pan. Drain and then add the onion and celery. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender. In a bowl mix together the Meat, Vegetables, Soups, Water, Soy Sauce and Rice. Pour into a greased 2 qt casserole dish. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 90 minutes. Sprinkle the top with Chow Mein Noodles and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.

**I'm sure you could use ground chicken or pork in place of the beef. Also, if you like water chestnuts and bamboo shoots you could add them also.

Let me know if your family like it, or if my family is freaky.

0 comments: