CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just A Little FYI

When you have a stopped up garbage disposal don't get fooled when the water starts to recede. You see, if you turn on the disposal at this point anything that is in the pipes will get blown out of the other sink drain.

In my efforts to clean the house for BUNCO, I was feverishly working in the kitchen. I had some turkey soup that needed to be thrown out, so I put it down the disposal. Well, I guess the disposal didn't like the soup because it got all choked up on it. Since we didn't have any Drain-O I decided to try the plunger instead. As I used the plunger, first on the disposal side, then on the sink side, the water started going down. I thought I had conquered the stoppage without having to let Bub know anything about it (he get's pissed every time I put a lot of stuff in the disposal). As the water was almost down, I decided to turn on the disposal to clear that side a little faster. Well, I'm no plumber but what happened next just seems a little wrong. As I know it, the function of a sink is to let water drain downward through the pipes. However, apparently when there is a blockage the force from the disposal makes everything work backwards because I created a volcano in the sink and it was blowing turkey lava all over my kitchen. I can now say that I have pieces of turkey and sludge and broth all over the cabinets, the walls and the floor. (So much for not having to let Bub know.) Now I am waiting for my sweet hubby to get home from work so that he can unstop the sink and I can begin the decontamination of the kitchen. If I don't post anything for a while, you will know that I am trying to recover from salmonella poisoning.

0 comments: