CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Many Sides of Jennilu's Do

Well friends, here I sit on the eve of my 40th birthday pondering what type of post would be appropriate for my little blog. I finally decided it would be fun to copy Rimarama and her Coiff-o-Rama post and provide you with a retrospective of the Jennilu Do's over the years.


Try not to laugh too hard and just remember - I was a child of the 70's and 80's. Just sit back and have a little chuckle at my expense (everyone else is).


This is the known as the "Cupie Do". I am about 4 weeks old and this is the FIRST picture that was taken of me. Mom said I was such an ugly baby that she wouldn't take my picture when I came home from the hospital. She has been known to compare me to a plucked bird. I just said I was the ugly duckling that was going to grow into a beautiful Swan(n).



Here we have the "Tupperware Do". I'm not quite sure where Mom found the bowl she used to create this lovely style, but she surely passed it on to her family and friends. I have seen many a hillbilly girl with the same exact cut. Bless their heart ;)



And here we have the lovely 70's "Shag". I guess Mom had watched a little too much Brady Bunch and was trying to recreate Mrs. Brady's haircut. She was a little closer to the desired result on ThiThi. Weren't we cute with our matching cuts? Come to think of it, Mom had her hair styled the same way. It really was a trend!



This is probably the most normal haircut I had as a young child. Nothing fancy - nothing special. Why couldn't Mom have stuck with this all the time??????????



Here we have my attempt at the "Dorothy Hamill" cut. Too bad I ended up with those sausage looking things on either side of my head. Oh, and check out my stick pin. I was stylin!!



Another "Shag". Man weren't the 70's the BEST!!!!!!!! I believe I was dreaming of Shawn Cassidy when this was taken.



AH - love those "Feathers". Unfortunately, thin/fine hair doesn't like to feather. DRATS! And yes, I am wearing an Add-a-Bead necklace. 80's all the way, baby!



Now, if this isn't classy, I don't know what is. The totally overdone "Prom Do". I am amazed my date didn't have a matching cummerbund and bow tie. I was really slipping.




Check out the vertical hold on those bangs. There was some serious teasing and spraying taking place to get those things up that high. But let's not talk about my hair for a second. Let's look as ThiThi's - WTF? I'm totally lovin your bi-level do!!!!!!!!



Can you say, "too much bleach and too much perm?" What was I thinking????? Mary, if you were a real friend, you would have done a "Bob" intervention.




Step away from the bleach and the teasing comb. I'm surprised my "Bob" didn't put an eye out. And, yes, I know that Bub's bow tie doesn't match my outfit. He was in a wedding and I was just attending. So, all you haters out there can stop hating :)




My "Bob" was about as tired as I was. Kaylea was two weeks old.




ThiThi always referred to this as my "helmet hair". Whenever I wanted to change teams, I would just change the color of my helmet.



And now, I am sporting the "Beckham Bob". Who knows how long this will last. But as you can see, another "Bob" will surely be in my future. I am kinda stuck on him - I mean it.

3 comments:

overtly trite said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
I remember getting my Dorothy Hamill cut like it was yesterday...

Mary said...

Happy Birthday!

Okay now, did you have to pull my super cool 80's perm into this one? haha We were so darn HOT!!

Heck! Jerry had hair in that picture. I almost forgot about his days of hair... they were so long ago!

We love and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

I love you ThiThi... you're swell! And have no doubt, we'll be the two coolest Rascal-riding old ladies at the home. The BFFs will be in awe of our coolness.