CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers in my world. God has blessed me with not just one mother - but four.

First, I have my Mom. She gave birth to me and has loved me and watched me grown for 40 years now. She was a single hard working mom for many years. Looking back on those years, I see how Mom struggled to make ends meet. To put it very simply, we were poor. The amazing part, though, is that sis and I didn't know that we were. Mom made sure that we always had a comfortable home; had food on the table; and basically had most all things that we desired. Mom knew how to budget and stretch a dollar, which she inherently passed on to me. Thank you, mom, for all that you did, and continue to do, for me. I'm not quite sure how you did it. I love you, Mom!

Second, I have my Mom, Fris. God bless, Friss. She married Dad at such a young age and inherited his two kids, one twelve and one eight. I love Fris with all of my heart. She has been a role model to me in kindness, forgiving and acceptance. Fris instinctively knew not to try to be my "Mother". She felt her way around and found what was a comfortable balance for both of us. Through this respect for me and my feelings our relationship has grown through the years. Today, I am proud to say that she is one of my Mom's. I love you, Fris!

Third, I have my Mom, Wanda. This poem best describes our relationship:


You are the mother I received the day I wed your son.
And I just want to thank you, Mom, for all the things you've done.
You have given me a gracious man with whom I share my life.
You are his lovely mother and I his lucky wife.
You used to pat his little head and now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy then gave to me a man.


Wanda has become another Mom in my life over the past 11+ years. I know that she is there for me anytime I want to talk or need advise. She is a blessing to me. I love you, Wanda!

Last, but certainly not least, I have my Mom, Sis. You see, my sister is a Mom to me. We are only separated by 4 years; however, she played the Mommy role to me most of my life. Because we were home alone while Mom was working, Sis was left in charge. She was responsible for keeping me safe; helping me with my homework; cooking my meals; and basically just being the boss of me. There were many things that I confided to my Sis that any other child would have shared with their Mom. Sissy gave me relationship advise; taught me how to cook; taught me how to drive and many other important things that kids learn as the grow into adulthood. I'm sure I was a huge burden to my sister when she was a teen and I don't know how she can help but resent me today. With all of this said, I hope you understand why I can't let Mother's Day pass without acknowledging my Sissy. I am doubly blessed that she is a Mom and Sister to me. I love you, Sissy!

2 comments:

Pappy & Grammy said...

Thank you so much for the loving comments! You know that you are our daughter and we love you.

What a wonderful day at your house for Mother's Day. I couldn't have asked for a better time. Nice to share this day with you, Bub, my favorite grandaughter, Missy & The Bob. Oh, and Angel too. My day turned out to be a very special day.

Angie said...

This is so sweet, Jennifer! What a tremendous heritage you're passing down to Kaylea.

Happy Mother's Day (sorry it's after midnight!)